For the upcoming production, the last part of the trilogy of “herstory” with the working title “interlace”, we are looking for 1 dancer (male or female) to join the artistic team.About the project“interlace” is a site -specific long durational performance that is inspired by the weaving artist Anni Albers, that was one of the most important female artists at the Bauhaus. She is known as the “philosopher of the art of weaving” and a selection of her writings and notebook sketches will be a source to draw from. The performance deals with threads – literally as well as metaphorically – made of different materials. It will be a duo performed and created by Eva Baumann and the person we are looking for. The choreography will develop through a dialogue of the body with installation objects that will be built by the architect and visual artist Anna Kubelik and music by sound artist Michael Tuttle. The audience will be walking and sitting around during the 6 hours long performance, coming and leaving whenever they want.
interlace will premier at the Landesmuseum in Stuttgart. Further performances at other venues are planned for 2020.DatesRehearsals (in total approx. 7 weeks, full-time)
July 20th till 29th, Berlin / August 5th till 18th, Stuttgart / September 2ndtill 20th , Berlin / September 30th till October 2nd, Berlin / October 9th till 13th, Stuttgart
Technical Set-up/general rehearsal (2 days) and performances (5 days): October 14th till 20th, StuttgartProfile
– 7 years + working experience
– Versatile dance technique/ style and experience in movement research is mandatory
– Partnering skills, musicality
– Creativity and curiosity to contribute to the artistic process
– Physical endurance to perform 6 hours in a row whilst maintaining stage presence
– Available for all rehearsals and performances
– Preferably based in BerlinWhat we offer
– 8 week contract paid following the guidelines of the suggested minimum fee for performing artists in Germany
– Travel and accommodation in Stuttgart (note: unfortunately not in Berlin)
– Collaboration and exchange with a creative teamAudition: We invite selected applicants to take part in a workshop audition that will be hosted @ Produktionszentrum Tanz und Performance between July 1st and 7th in Stuttgart.How to apply: Please send us your resume/CV, photo and video link(s) that give us an idea of your qualities as a performer. Beside that we love to hear why you are interested in the project, so please write us a short motivation letter.
Send your material to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application Deadline: June 15th, 2019
Invitations for the selected dancers will be send out latest by June 21st, 2019.For more information please visit www.evabaumann.art
Photo: Eva Baumann
Tags: Dance, Art, Germany
Photo: Eva BaumannTags: Dance, Art, Germany
iscriviti alla newsletter campadidanza