Choreographer Gary Clarke requires a highly skilled male dancer to join Gary Clarke Company for the Spring 2018 tour of the critically acclaimed mid-scale dance theatre production COAL.
Winner of a UK Theatre Award and a Critics Circle National Dance Award, COAL is a riveting piece of dance theatre which takes a nostalgic look at the hard-hitting realities of life at the coal face. Described by The Times as ‘Outstanding,’ the production involves a company of professional dancers, live brass bands, community participants and a strong design and production team.
Where: The Place / London Contemporary Dance School, London, UK
When: Thursday 21st December
- Successfully learn the repertoire from COAL from an existing role.
- Perform COAL at various mid-scale theatre venues in spring 2018 (6 shows in total).
- Perform sections of COAL at site-specific locations linked to each venue and area
- Deliver COAL workshops at schools, colleges and universities nationwide.
- Work with and alongside groups of community women from each venue/regions integrated into the show.
- 15 January 2018 – Site visit to The National Coal Mining Museum of England
- 29th January to 2nd February – Rehearsals in London
- 3rd February to 16th February. UK Touring (there are flexibility within these dates)
- 2nd March to 29th March 2018 – UK and Scottish Touring (there are flexibility within these dates)
- 6th – 11th May 2018 – European Festival
£500 per week x 8 weeks engagement (£4000) plus holiday pay, additional travel, accommodation and per diems covered. Gary Clarke contracts performers using ITC / Equity Agreements and has a House Agreement with Equity.
THIS IS AN WORKSHOP AUDITION FOR MALE DANCERS ONLY WHO SHOULD DEMONSTRATE:
A very strong contemporary dance technique, strong floor work technique, a strong physical build, strong physical theatre skills, experience in highly physical work, good contact and partnering skills, very good stamina, good improvisation and creative skills, good musicality, confidence in text work, the ability to connect with very emotionally driven work, a willingness and openness to work with the community / non-dancers, a good working attitude, a good sense of humour, the ability to collaborate and work well as a team, the ability to work well under pressure, confidence and experience in delivering education and outreach work, a full DBS check.
Thursday 21st December. The Place / London Contemporary Dance School, 17 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PY Flaxman Terrace Entrance. Studio 6. Registration at 9.30am.
Please register your interest at email@example.com. Please bring with you a recent CV. Please also register at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the production please visit www.coaltour.co.uk
Photo by Joe Armitage
iscriviti alla newsletter campadidanza