Kamala Devam Company seeks one female contemporary dancer with acrobatic skills for two weeks of R&D this summer. Research will go towards the creation of a new contemporary quartet set to tour the UK in Spring 2020.
Dancers who apply should have the following skills:
- Strong contemporary training, which includes floor work and partnering skills
- Solid acrobatic skills (through gymnastics, capoeira or another medium)
- Classical dance training (e.g. ballet, bharatanatyam or another classical form), as company language development will include intensive morning training in bharatanatyam (classical South Indian dance) and kalaripayattu (South Indian martial arts)
We are looking for experienced performers with a minimum of 2 years’ professional performance experience. When applying, please indicate your availability for both the September R&D and March-April 2020 touring periods.
- Date and location: Saturday, 3 Aug in London (Exact times and venue TBC)
- Performers will be required to demonstrate both dance and acrobatic skills, as well as creative skills at the audition.
R&D dates & location:
- Mon 2 Sept – Fri 6 Sept at the University of East London, Stratford, London
- Mon 9 Sept – Fri 13 Sept at Kala Sangam Arts Centre, Bradford
- Equity rates of £485/wk + holiday pay
- All travel, accommodation and per diems will be covered outside of London
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. A cover letter stating why you’re interested in working with the company and any relevant experience
2. Your CV
3. A headshot and 1-2 dance photos
4. Video link(s) of you dancing, not to exceed 5 mins total
Deadline to Apply: Fri 26 July, 10pm
Kamala Devam Company was founded in 2016 and explores the continuum between western and Indian aesthetics, themes and movement forms, with inspirations ranging from Artistic Director Kamala Devam’s lifetime of experience in bharatanatyam and contemporary dance, to the explosive qualities of martial arts and acrobatics. Company shows and education work are supported by Arts Council England, UK dance organisations and theatre and university residencies. KDC embarked on its first UK tour last autumn with the show Ankusha and Other Mysteries,receiving critical acclaim from both South Asian and contemporary dance audiences. Please visit http://kamaladevamcompany.com and follow us @KamalaDevamCo for more information and to watch the company’s work.
Photo; (c) Kamala Devam Company / Phil Miller
Tags: Uk, dance, acrobatics
iscriviti alla newsletter campadidanza