Online Audition for Berlin-based, professional dancer/performer as an understudy for Anima May in underwater dance installation.
Where: Berlin, Germany
When: Performances will be in Spring 2020 (exact dates to be confirmed)
Deadline for applications: 1. September 2019
KLAR is an underwater dance installation and crowdfunding campaign by performing artist Anima May in collaboration with OEOO environmental organization.
Anima May is a Swiss-Italian and Berlin–based performing artist specialized in contemporary dance and choreography. KLAR was born due to her concern about the plastic pollution of our oceans. The need to raise awareness about this important and urgent issue had sparked the idea to create an underwater dance installation.
For full information about the project please visit https://www.animamay.com/klar
Anima is looking for an understudy who has the following characteristics:
1) Dancer/performer must be based in Berlin and be able to work on a freelance basis.
2) No fear of diving underwater. Best case scenario, has already experience with being/moving underwater for a while.
3) Possesses very similar physical characteristics as Anima (pictures can be found on her website) :
– ca. 178cm tall
– curly, long, light brown hair
– athletic built
– shares the believes of this cause
The understudy will have to be present during 40 days of training and rehearsing prior the performance week and during the 5 days of performances. You will be payed a fee of 2000€ gross for the whole project.
Exact rehearsal and performing dates have still to be confirmed.
How to apply:
For application please send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following content:
1) Head-shot (frontal and well- lit) and full-body picture (please make sure that you are visible, frontal standing and with tight clothing. NO PERFORMANCE PICTURES PLEASE!)
2) Link to dance video or trailer (preferably solo performance/improvisation). Make sure to attach a private link, if necessary, and that the link is fully functional. Emails with no video links or non functioning links will not be considered! If you have an underwater video of yourself, it is of course very welcome.
For now, the audition will be only online. In case we are interested in you, we will contact you back for further details and a possible in–person interview/audition.
Costs for participants: Possible travel costs for eventual meetings and during the project period will not be taken care of. Therefore we are looking for Berlin–based people.
Contact details: email@example.com
For further information, please visit https://www.animamay.com/klar
iscriviti alla newsletter campadidanza