For this year’s competition during the “6. Tanztehaterfestival Erfurt” we are looking for choreographers and dancers who can showcase their ability to create a connection between the artist and audience through the power of their energy. The performance, which can be either a solo, duo, or trio, must be between 5 and 10 minutes long. Awards of a total of 1.750 Euros decided by a jury of experts plus an additional audience choice award are available.
Where: Theater Erfurt / Germany
Deadline for applications: 30 Juni 2018
How to apply
1. All national and international dancers and choreographers over 18 years are invited to apply.
2. The performance can be presented in form of a solo, duo or trio. A time frame of 5-10 minutes may not be exceeded. It is the
choreographer’s decision who will present the piece (he/she can do it him/herself)
3. In order to apply for the contest, dancers and choreographers need to fill out and submit the dance contest application form. Please also include:
– artistic curriculum vitae of all participating dancers and choreographers
– video of the performance (final production or rehearsal) on DVD or internet link
– a brief description that reflects the intentions of the piece (maximum of one page)
4. Key performance criteria of the contest presentations are:
– overall impression of the artistic performance in relation to the
– handwriting and the dancing skills of the performer
– dramaturgy of the piece
– creative potential
5. Applicants will be notified upon acceptance or rejection in every case. If there should be a return of submitted documents (curriculum vitae, CD/DVD, application form) an envelope with a return address and proper postage must be provided.
6. Depending on the quality of the submitted entries there will be a presentation of 8-10 performances at the contest.
7. The contest takes place at Studiobühne Theater Erfurt
8. Each group is given a maximum of 30 minutes on the day of the contest to prepare on stage and do a rehearsal.
9. Complex stage sceneries that require elaborate equipment and light set-up are not possible, but you may use equipment that can easily be moved and does not interrupt the program execution.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any copyright problems.
11. The dance contest organizers are not responsible for travel costs.
12. The following prizes are awarded:
– 1. Prize: 1000,00 €
– 2. Prize: 500,00 €
– 3. Prize: 250,00 €
– Audience Award: 250,00 €
There is no application fee.
13. Application deadline is June 30, 2018 (postmarked).
To apply, please send your applications to:
Tanztheater Erfurt e.V.
For questions about the contest please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please visit http://www.tanztheaterfestival
subscribe to newsletter campadidanza